Each year the St. George’s Indian Band sponsors an academic scholarship. This scholarship is open to Level Three students who are members of the St. George’s Indian Band.
This year, there will be two scholarships awarded. One from the St. George’s Indian Band in the amount of $500.00 and one from Turtle Technologies Inc. in the amount of $500.00.
The specific criteria for this scholarship is as follows:
- Must be a member in good standing of the St. George’s Indian Band.
- Must show an acceptance letter or conditional acceptance to a post-secondary education program for the upcoming fall semester
- Applicant must write a 500-word essay – or construct a project – on the following topic
- “What it means to me to be Mi’kmaq”
- Deadline for submission of application is May 26th, 2017.
Submissions are to be mailed to:
St. George’s Indian Band
P.O. Box 262
St. George’s, NL